The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom is now available for Nintendo Switch, the massive adventure with hundreds of secrets, collectibles and things to discover in which it’s easy to get lost or feel overwhelmed.
That’s why we’re going to tell you to help you with these first steps what are the best combinations of weapons and shields you can make in Zelda Tears of the Kingdomthanks to one of the new skills the game introduces.
Along with the ultramano, the combination is one of the new powers we get in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom and more specifically during the early hours of the game, which are like a huge tutorial on one of the islands floating above Hyrule.
Analysis of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
In this way, thanks to the combination, you can fuse weapons, shields and objects to obtain different results, whether weapons with additional effects, with greater range or with more capacity to deal damage.
but what are they the best combinations of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom And which ones can be more useful during the first hours of the game? That’s exactly what we’re going to talk about in this guide.
However, it doesn’t hurt to know a few more things about fusion that you may have overlooked. To determine the attack power of a combination with an item, look in your inventory and where possible the stat should appear under the name of the item.
If you want to use an item from your inventory you can always drop it on the ground and start the combo and if you need to remove or replace an item from a combo go to your inventory and click on the fused weapon, shield or bow , choose the option “destroy the combined material”.
Best weapon combinations you can make in Tears of the Kingdom (early game)
In the early stages of the adventure, always try to have some of the following combinations of weapons and items with you, as they will be very useful in combat.
- Stones or Rocks: To get ore, break through obstacles. If you combine them with spears or broadswords, so much the better.
- Spiked metal balls: very useful in combat, thanks to its +15 damage
- Lances with spears (or halberds) – to get a longer reach
- Zonnan weapons with Zonnan gadgets: If a Zonnan weapon in the description “resonates with Zonnan gadgets to increase their attack power”, combine it with a weapon to increase its performance.
- Gems (Rubies, Sapphires, and Topaz): One of the best fusions in the game, thanks to the gems’ elemental properties (fire, ice, and electricity). In combination, normal attacks launch projectiles
- Evil Aura Weapons: You can get this type of weapon from some bosses later in the game (we won’t say anything to avoid spoilers). They are weapons with a special feature: they take your life. But if you use them as material (i.e. attach them to a stick, sword, or whatever), they don’t have that effect.
Best combinations with shields you can make in the beginning
- Shields with shields: Increases the amount of damage they can take before self-destructing.
- Shields with Zonnan mechanisms (feathers and bombs): Allows you to use the shield to climb up and perform slow-motion archery, for example, in places where there are no platforms. Always take some with you as it can be very useful.
- Attaching items that emit automatic fire or any other elemental affinity is less recommended, as it gradually degrades the shield.
If you need more help with Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, remember that we also told you the best order to get the Memories or Dragon Tears and we will continue to publish many more guides in the coming hours and days.